SchoolPool, a program of the Florida Department of Transportation, was designed to reduce traffic congestion, pedestrian hazards, parking demand, and environmental impacts around schools through the promotion of carpooling, bicycling, and walking.
The FREE services offered to schools in Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, Martin, and St. Lucie Counties provide awareness, education, alternatives, and incentives that can assist in reducing the number of vehicles traveling to schools each day during morning drop-off and afternoon pick-up.
Implementing the SchoolPool program at your school can:
- Provide an alternative to driving children to and from school every day
- Enhance safety around the school through awareness and education
- Decrease the amount of harmful pollutants that impact our air quality around schools
- Teach children about the benefits of sustainability
- Encourage a healthy lifestyle
- Help families manage school and work schedules
Once your school has partnered with SchoolPool, your designated SchoolPool representative will work with you to develop a customized plan based on the needs and challenges facing your school.
Do you want to know more about SchoolPool? Get started with these links: